Buckwold Western Ltd. traces its history back to 1925 when the Buckwold Family established a small dry goods business in Saskatoon. The business has operated since that date and remains a privately held, family managed enterprise.
In 1950, the business began distributing floor covering products and, in 1955, became a distributor of Armstrong flooring products. In 1998, after 43 years of distributing Armstrong products, Buckwold Western was named exclusive distributor of these products for Western Canada.
As the company grew, new warehouse facilities were established to enable further market penetration and coverage. At this time, warehouse distribution facilities exist in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver with the head office in Saskatoon. Sales teams operate out of each location allowing market coverage from Thunder Bay in the East to Victoria in the West.
The company has approximately 1500 accounts. The customer base includes:
- Independent floor covering retailers
- Commercial contract houses
- Retailers associated with floor covering buying groups
- Home centers and box stores (Home Depot, Rona)
Sales and Marketing
The sales and marketing functions are managed as follows:
- Armstrong and Armstrong related support products
- Commercial products
- Other products including carpet, under cushion, laminate, ceramic tile